Experience extra levels of online security
HSBC now offers you even more protection when shopping online. We have partnered with Visa® and Mastercard® to provide you with an additional layer of online shopping security when using your HSBC debit and credit cards. Thanks to Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™, using your HSBC debit and credit cards online is now even more secure.
How Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™ works:
- Shop online at participating retailers who show the Verified by Visa® and/or Mastercard® SecureCode™ logo
- You will see a message asking you to input a PIN
- You can choose a One Time PIN (OTP) to be sent as an SMS or an email to confirm the transaction
- The transaction will be confirmed on successful entry of the PIN
It’s never been more important to update your details
HSBC Online Security in association with Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™ will only work effectively if we have an up-to-date mobile phone number and email for your primary and supplementary cards. Please take a minute to make sure all your details are correct.
Updating your contact details is easy:
- Log in to your Personal Online Banking account and update your contact details; or
- Call us on our Telephone Banking numbers and follow the instructions to update your contact details; or
- Visit your nearest branch or customer service unit and update your contact details by filling in a form
It's that simple.
Stay safe online
How you can stay safe when you shop online:
- Make sure your device is protected – do you have anti-virus software installed plus the latest browser?
- Always log off after shopping online – especially if you're on a shared computer
- Look for the padlock symbol in the corner of your browser window – this means your information is secure
- Make sure HSBC has an up-to-date mobile phone number as Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™ will only work effectively if we have the right mobile phone number for you
Contact us immediately if:
You have identified any unauthorised use of your card. Notify us immediately by calling the number on the back of your card. If you have received any suspicious calls, emails or texts from anyone impersonating HSBC for example, asking you to validate online purchases, then please contact us on Hbme Internet ABUSE: